Always keep your Android player with the updated version to receive new features and bug fixes. You can use the following Android Player update methods:
- Update using your computer.
- Update directly from Android Player
Update using your computer
Go to Google Play: https://play.google.com, At the top of the screen, select Sign in. Login with the same email and password used when 4YouSee Player was installed on the computer.
- In the left sidebar, select Applications (Android) -> My applications.
- Evaluate from the available applications whether the 4YouSee Player icon is related and click to access the application page.
- If the "Update" link is available, select it so that devices linked to this account can update the application automatically.
- The icon status for 4YouSee changes to "Installed" when the computer is updated.
Update directly from Android Player
The following process must be performed on all computers where 4YouSee Player is installed.
- Select the Play Store app.
- On the home page, click the button to the left of the search bar, then select the option Settings.
- Select the Auto-update Apps option.
The menu will appear with options in the automatic update process.
- Select the option Automatically update apps only via WI-FI, as shown, to have your device only update apps when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- For wired, 3G or 4G networks, select the option Update apps at any time. Data charges may apply.
- On the main page, select the menu on the left side of the search bar again and click on the My Apps option, then select the 4YouSee Digital Signage application displayed from the list that shows all the software installed on your device.
- Click on the Options menu at the top right. In the options icon, select Enable auto update.
- After the update process is complete, the device must be restarted for the latest version of 4YouSee Player to be installed.